The Little Barn at The Glebe was built Circa 1700 for storing and thrashing wheat grown on the farm's arable fields. Sheaves were unloaded from a horse drawn cart and pitched through the opening (now the bedroom window) onto the barn floor. Over the winter the sheaves were thrashed by hand using a flail on a stone floor.
The barn is named after Alan Ash Esq. who worked on Glebe Farm for more than forty years.
Building work was completed in Spring 2008.